Handy Approaches to Ward Off Tooth Damage
Being proactive is necessary in the act of keeping cavities, gum disease, and various other conditions at bay. Our team at ACE Dental of Hewitt wants to teach Hewitt, TX patients about prevention. When these concerns influence your dental wellness, they’re typically harder to treat, costly, and take a great deal of time. Ideal dental hygiene is the primary line of defense when it comes to guaranteeing that your mouth remains in good shape. Our Hewitt, TX team is happy to offer you some effective tips to help keep your teeth clean, strong, and gorgeous for many years.
- Flossing is needed. Brushing on its own isn’t efficient in making sure cavities are kept away. Flossing is a critical step that many people forget about. Flossing accesses regions that brushes can’t get to eliminate food lodged between the teeth. This easy practice is effective at helping to minimize the likelihood of decay.
- Be proactive. The instant you experience the signs of cavities, it’s necessary to visit your dentist for an assessment. Most often, the first sign of tooth decay is long-lasting dental tenderness. You may experience an intense pain once you consume something hot or cold. When tooth decay advances, you could have migraines, tooth pain, tooth discoloration, or noticeable areas of erosion.
- Brush your teeth twice a day. While this may sound obvious, brushing your teeth twice a day with dentist-approved toothpaste is an effective approach to avoid cavities. Try humming a song in your head as you clean your teeth for a minimum of two minutes.
- Use sugar-free gum. Numerous patients aren't aware that sugar-free gum could help ward off tooth decay. Gum-chewing promotes an increase in saliva production in the mouth. Saliva is the main agent in charge of both counteracting and getting rid of the acid from foods we eat that may possibly erode your teeth’s outer layer, leading to cavities.
- Swish mouthwash. Mouthwash is necessary as an extra defense against tooth decay. After brushing your teeth, you could use mouthwash to further reduce dangerous bacteria and tartar.
- Have fluoride treatments for prevention. The majority of dental practitioners suggest routine fluoride treatments for kids starting at six years old up to the time they’re an adult. However, in the event that an older patient is prone to developing tooth decay, a fluoride treatment might be highly beneficial to their oral wellness. Our general dentists in Hewitt, TX provide fluoride treatments and might recommend a prescription fluoride mouthwash and toothpaste to use in between visits.
- Get sealants. Dental sealants are an excellent choice when it comes to warding off tooth decay. Sealants are a pliant, plastic material that is placed on the chewing surfaces of the backmost teeth, also called the premolars and molars. Tooth sealants can help to lower the patient's susceptibility to decay in these regions since the fissures on your back teeth can trap corrosive bacteria and cause the teeth to be more weak to damage.
- Schedule exams with your dentist often. Routine dental cleanings and examinations are critical for not only cleaning your teeth thoroughly but also evaluating the condition of your teeth and gums. Your dental health is based on knowing what’s happening inside of your mouth. At your consultation, your enamel will be cleaned and polished. Following this, your dental professional will perform a thorough evaluation of your teeth and gums to look for potential concerns. The sooner the dental problems are found, the faster treatment can take place.
- Consume tooth-healthy items. The microbes that lead to cavities love sugar contained in food. Sweet foods create an ideal environment for cavities to grow. It's vital to know what you and your children are eating and drinking. Once you eat or drink food or a beverage that has a significant amount of sugar, it's advised to brush your teeth as soon as possible.
- Teach your children. Kids love to copy their parents. Often, parents are the primary ones who teach kids how to brush their teeth, which is why it’s crucial to lead by example. Setting up regular cleanings is also another approach to teach children the significance of keeping up with excellent dental habits.
Find out about the best way to clean your teeth
When you need to book routine professional cleanings and assessments for your family, then we encourage you to call our comprehensive care dentistry facility in Hewitt, TX for your appointment. These needed and preventive appointments will help to keep dental caries and issues at bay. As an additional benefit, you’ll certainly revel in how smooth your teeth look following your biannual dental cleanings. Our incredibly knowledgeable dental professionals will help you to be relaxed and discuss the treatment process in detail. Our team can't wait to see you at ACE Dental of Hewitt.